For reading this term, we have been learning to comprehend. Comprehending is lots of different skills that help you read. Things like visualizing and prior knowledge help you.

My group has been reading The Secret Garden. It is about a girl called Mary. I found it interesting and easy to read because Mary is about my age and sometimes feels quite lonely like me. I would call it a mystery and I like mysteries. You never know what's going to happen.

The strategies that have helped me the most are all of them. I have always used them, but I have improved on all of them. I always have a movie in my head, and lots of questions. I am always using what I already know, and I read between the lines to find clues. I am making predictions and saying what I like and don't like all the time. Eg: In The Secret Garden, I can see Mary talking to the robin. I am wondering whether she will find the garden or not. I am predicting she will. I love all the gardens and wish I was in them.

I need to get better at asking questions. I am always making predictions, rather than just wondering what will happen and waiting to find out.

The books I will read next term will be: fantasy, adventure, mystery, growing up, animal, christian, and maybe a bit of fighting. I want to read them because they hook me in - literally!