This is may speech draft.

Belonging-The World


I would like to ask you something. What does everybody belong to? Hmm. Why don't I just tell you? We all belong to the world, and we impact it in good and bad ways. When we impact the world, it impacts us. We control it, but we do bad things to it, which then returns the favor by doing bad things to us.

For example: long, hot showers. Lots of us love our long, hot showers, especially in winter. At least, I do. But they are bad. We use up the world's water, and water is a non-renewable resource. Eventually, the resources will run out and we will have no water to keep us and nature alive. The Dalai Lama quotes: "We share the earth not only with our fellow human beings, but with all the other creatures." Because of our ignorance, we are killing not only ourselves, but living things that have done nothing wrong.

Think this: we are killing our own children before they are born. We are destroying the future for the generations to come. We belong to this world. There is no other place where we can live. If earth was any closer or further away from the sun, we would die. It is perfect, yet we are destroying it. You belong to your family, right? When they are sick, you care for them and make them better. We also belong to our world, and it is sick. So we are caring for it, right? Wrong. We are making it sicker and sicker because we only care about ourselves and our families.
But we can stop this. When you go to work, why don't you walk or bike, instead of going in the car. Or if it's too far to do these, maybe you could ask one of your workmates who lives nearby to take you to work. These ways are cheaper and better for us and our planet.
Instead of buying an expensive playground, you could plant trees and turn them into playgrounds. Instead of a proper playhouse, build a treehouse. Attach a swing. Get a sturdy plank of wood and nail or screw it in for a slide. Again these ideas are cheaper and better for us and the environment.
Instead of long, hot showers, why don't you do short, hot showers. Then you could flick the heater on, or light your fire. It still keeps you warm! I should know.
Use torches instead of lights. Even better, get torches that don't need batteries. It saves a lot on your power bill.

These ideas save money and the world we belong to. Let us take care of this planet. The planet we belong to. Planet Earth.


This is my speech feedback from Samantha. I do not agree with her!
What: I learnt that sometimes you don't agree.
Why: We got feedback to help us improve.
Next: My next step when giving feedback is to be really truthful.




This is a video of my first try:



What: I learnt to put a question in my speech.
Why: We did speeches because in future we will need to talk to audiences.
Next: I need to slow down, and maybe change my start. What do you think??? I would like some comments.



I scored 23/24. I was the best in the class.

This is my second try...


I scored 24/24 and got into the finals!!!
What: I learnt that when you try a second time, you improve.
Why: We did it a second time because some people did really badly or they weren't prepared.
Next: My next step is to keep practicing after the first try.

Blue pen is what Mrs M said first time. Red pen is Mr H second time.
What: I learnt that it is easier to know how you improved if you do it on the same piece of paper!!!
Why: We did these sheets so we could get feedback and see where we need to improve.
Next: My next step is to try to listen to the feedback!!!